Oh look, it’s almost 20 days into 2020 and I’m finally writing my first blog of the year! So much for regular blogging… Whatever. It’s my website. I do what I want.
In the beginning of 2019, I outlined 3 goals on here: 1) write more, 2) put out more music, and 3) be a better person.
I definitely didn’t hit those goals the way I had in mind when I first wrote them. But my main goal for 2019 was to figure out how to live a little more and make memories again after the black hole that was 2018. I killed it on that one.
I walked away from 2019 with only 20 blog posts and 1 crappy little one-take song out on the interwebs; however I ended up hitting a few goals I wasn’t even consciously aiming towards:
- Became a “real writer” by joining the passion project of a very dear friend of mine for the music and entertainment website, Rock On Purpose.
- Bought a keytar and joined a band, started another project, and made a good amount of music with my coworkers.
- Got my motorcycle license and bought the perfect bike.
- Finally got out of my comfort zone enough to land a position at my workplace that I enjoy, instead of merely tolerate.
- Accepted an offer to go on a national tour.
- Spent a lot more time hanging out and appreciating the high quality friends I’ve been blessed with in life.
All in all, 2019 was a fantastic year.
2020 is all sorts of… something so far.
That national tour I was supposed to go on? It was cancelled less than 48 hours into 2020. After two months of preparing to quit my job and leave all the security of a steady income for 8 weeks on the road, I was hit with the relief of not having to give up that comfort. And then the disappointment hit harder.
The first week of the year was rough. Then I got a chance to hang out with one of my favorite people for the first time in almost 3 years. Sometimes all it takes is some fantastic company, great conversation, and a lot of laughter to gain a new perspective.
I don’t know how 2020 will turn out. But I’m looking forward to seeing what happens.